St. Anne Alumni!
The message at our Prayer Assembly this week was one of hope and trust as we celebrate the Epiphany. Mrs. Thole reminded us that like the Wise Men we can follow the star, follow the light to Jesus. We can have an open heart, listen and act with kindness. In her prayer she asked that each of us have the strength of the Magi to follow our true path. It was a nice message to start the week with.
SLE Lunch Winners: Congratulations to our Student Learning Expectations winners this month! We are continually inspired by our students!
- An Active Person of Faith: Evelyn Njeim (4th grade)
- A Life-Long Learner: Macallan Box (7th grade)
- A Globally Aware Person: Sean Gardella (4th grade)
- A Well Balanced Person: Henry Maddalena (8th grade)
Re-Enrollment due this Friday! Please reach out to Jennifer Hazzard if you have any questions about re-enrollment.
Speaker this Wednesday: This week we welcome Dr. James Knight to our campus. He is an equity and inclusion specialist from Ohio who is speaking throughout Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese to teacher, parent and student groups. We are fortunate to have him speak to our 5th-8th grade students this Wednesday from 11am-12pm in the church. Parents are welcome to attend to hear his message. His presentation is titled: “Embracing One Another in Love and Humility”. Through the lens of faith, students will learn the importance of embracing differences, fostering inclusions and deepening their understanding on the importance of not making judgments and using labels to minimize others.
We hosted a St. Anne Alumni Volleyball game on Saturday for the 2017-2023 graduating classes! As part of the celebration of our 100 years as a school we organized an alumni volleyball game for our recent graduating classes. We had about twenty students gather, play volleyball and reinforce connections. We hope to make this an annual event. A huge thank you to Ester Burkhart for organizing the event and to Traci Sauvage and Anna Vizzare for hosting and serving as team coaches. Their presence made it extra special!
100th Anniversary 100’s Day Celebration! On February 16 our student body will be spending the day celebrating the school’s 100th Anniversary. We will open the time capsule that was buried when the school was remodeled in 2001. The Parent Association will be hosting a pizza lunch for all students. And the day will be filled with Families and Buddies activities focused on numbers and the number 100 in particular. The planning has just begun and we will share more details as we get closer to the date.
Pre-K and Kindergarten Information Night is scheduled for Thursday, January 18 at 6:30pm in Banchero Hall. Please attend to learn more about the wonderful Pre-K and Kindergarten program we offer here at St. Anne School.
- To chef extraordinaire, Mark Keilholz for teaching cooking to middle school students this fall. He taught a very delicious elective course! All thirteen classes were wonderful! It was amazing!
Snow Day Notification:
- If a snow day is necessary we will notify our community of the details through our PowerSchool Swift K12 alert system.
- Families will receive a notification on their phone, will receive a text message and receive an email.
- We will post an alert about snow closures or delays on the website.
- If there is a delayed start, school will begin at 10am and PreK will be canceled.
Dates for your Calendar
- Jan. 10, Wednesday, 11am: Dr. Knight presentation to 5th-8th graders in the church (parents welcome)
- Jan. 12, Middle School Free Dress
- No School: Jan. 15, Martin Luther King Day
- EF Bootcamp: Wednesday, January 17, 6:45-7:45pm
- Pre-K & Kindergarten Information Night: Thursday, January 18, 6:30pm, Banchero Hall
- St. Anne School Open House: Sunday, Jan. 28: 11:30am-1:00pm
- Catholic Schools Week: January 28-February 2
- Grandparents/Grandfriends Day Mass: Friday, February 2, 10:30am