7th Grade Mock Trial–Penny Less vs. Lord Farquat
St. Anne School
Celebrating 100 years
Empowering a New Century
Faith, Learning & Service
At the Prayer Assembly on Monday, the 4th grade class introduced the Advent season and our school tradition of singing the Advent song every morning together as a school. They invited each of us to do something small each day at home to prepare our hearts for the coming of Jesus. As a class they wrote a prayer for Advent which is shared at the end of my post.
We are starting our daily Advent celebration in the gym this week (although Advent officially begins next Sunday) and all are welcome to join us. Each day 7th graders share a reflection on their experience with Advent, we light the Advent candle and we sing the Advent song together.
EF Bootcamp tomorrow at 6:45pm:
- Join Beth Peterson and Kelly Keim as they help us understand the importance of Time Management and Task Initiation. They’ll share strategies that will support your child as they grow in these important skills.
- RSVP Link to EF Bootcamp
Today!!!! Important Giving Opportunity/Challenge for our Parish/School Community!
- St. Anne is participating in #iGiveCatholic today!
- The Parish is raising funds to address technology and security needs.
- A generous Parish family has offered to match up to $7000!
- Please use this link to find out more and make a donation, however large or small.
- Thank you!
Snow Day Notification:
- If a snow day is necessary we will notify our community of the details through our PowerSchool Swift K12 alert system.
- Families will receive a voicemail notification on their phone, a text message and an email.
- We will post an alert about snow closures or delays on the website.
- If there is a delayed start, school will begin at 10am and PreK will be canceled.
NO HOT LUNCH this Friday due to a large Funeral Reception.
Upcoming Church events:
- GIVING TUESDAY ends at 11:59pm! Consider giving Catholic today and help St. Anne’s fund our security & technology goals #iGiveCatholic
- No confession & Mass this week due to funerals and staff retreat
- Funeral for Michael Teltoft this Wednesday at 11AM followed by reception in the Narthex
- Funeral for Tim Moriarty this Friday at 11AM followed by reception in Banchero Hall
- Saturday, Finding Our Soul’s True North: A Life Review session led by Ron Ryan at 9AM in the Church Narthex.
- This will be a session that introduces the Life Review as an effective way to explore our past and present for the wisdom to help us look ahead with hope and purpose.
- Saturday, Campus Clean Up Part II – bring your own rake! 9AM – 12PM
Activities at our school:
- Dec. 1, 7-9:30pm: Middle School Dance
- Saturday, Dec. 2, 9-12pm: Campus wide leaf cleanup!
- Sunday, Dec. 3: Holiday Tea
- Dec. 5: Report Cards sent home
- Dec. 8, 8:45am: Feast of the Immaculate Conception (led by the 4th Grade Class)–All are welcome
Have a great week everyone.
4th Grade Advent Prayer
Advent is a time to be peaceful.
Peaceful songs all around.
Around December, we celebrate Jesus.
Jesus is why we have Advent.
Advent is a respectful time.
Time to be joyful and grateful all around.
Around the globe is full of cheer.
Cheerful shouts of joy.
Joy for Christmas day.
The day of Christmas is a special time.
A time to celebrate Jesus’ birth.
The birth of the Savior.
Advent is a time of preparation.
Preparation for the Lord Jesus.
Jesus brings us love.
Love that makes us kind and caring.
Caring for God and those around us.
We are God’s children.
Children of faith.
Faith is in everybody.
Everybody uses Advent to prepare for Jesus’ birth.