SLE Award Winners Lunch Celebration!
St. Anne School
Celebrating 100 years
Empowering a New Century
Faith, Learning & Service
Last week we took Friday off to celebrate Veterans Day. Veterans Day is a day to honor the veterans who are willing to sacrifice to protect the common good. We are grateful for the work they did and continue to do to preserve our freedoms and work to make this world a more peaceful place.
We are approaching the end of our first trimester of learning–next Wednesday, November 22. When we return after Thanksgiving, we will begin our daily celebration of Advent with the lighting of the Advent candles and singing the Advent song every morning in the gym. You are always welcome to join us–it only takes about five minutes.
MoveAThon whole school celebration: This Friday we have an All School Free Dress and an afternoon Ice Cream Party to celebrate meeting our MoveAThon goal! Thank you to everyone! Because of this development, middle school free dress scheduled for Friday will be moved to Thursday!
Executive Function Blog for the month! Beth Peterson and Kelly Keim put together a one-page blog this month on the important Executive Function skill–Organization. Today, Beth and Kelly were in the 3rd, 6th and 8th grade classes to share EF skills with the students. They work with the class and their teachers on specific skills the teacher identifies to help them learn and grow as a class in specific EF skills. Ask your student about it! Next month’s topic will be Time Management and Task Initiation and will be held on Wednesday, November 29, 6:45-7:45. Beth and Kelly are always happy to have individual conversations after bootcamp if you have questions! Here is this week’s blog with links! Nov. 1 EF Bootcamp Blog
Stewardship & Re-enrollment: I realize that I have had this in my post for several weeks now. It is critical that you are enrolled in the parish, have your stewardship giving pledge on record and have a pattern of giving if you wish to receive the in-parish tuition rate. I will be getting a record from the school of those enrolled and those who participate in stewardship and aligning it with our record of in-parish tuitions. I will be reaching out to you if something seems to be missing. The beginning of January will be the start of re-enrollment in the school. If you are a parish member and receiving in-parish tuition, make sure you go to the Parish Stewardship Giving Page and follow the step-by-step instructions to ensure you are up-to-date.
- Thursday, 11/16, 7pm – Rosary for Frank Siderius in the Church
- Friday, 11/17, 10AM – Funeral Mass for Frank Siderius, followed by reception in Banchero Hall
- Giving Tree begins this weekend!
- November 27, 7pm – Vigil Project
- December 2, 9am-12pm: Fall Leaf Saturday pick up Part 2
- Church is looking for a 1-4 gym monitors for this year’s CYO basketball season. Link here for details and job description.
- Nov. 16: Middle School Free Dress
- Nov. 17: All School Free Dress in celebration of Moveathon!
- Nov. 17: All School Sundae Party because we met our Moveathon goal!
- Nov. 22: Noon Dismissal
- Nov. 22: End of Trimester
- Nov. 23 & 24: No School
- Nov. 29, 6:45-7:45pm: Executive Function Bootcamp–Time Management & Task Initiation.