Students having fun at the Fall Family Festival!
It is MoveAthon week! Students are lining up donations and getting ready for an afternoon of running laps around St. Anne School this Thursday, Oct. 12. Their enthusiasm for the school is always contagious and their work makes a difference to the school budget! Thank you students! And a huge thank you to our sponsors:
- Sun Mountain Lodge, Erich and Betty Guenther
- Rainier Pacific Properties, Jon and Claire Tran
- Becky & Patrick Mullin
- Johnny Mo’s, John & Heatherlyn Genna
We look forward to an afternoon of fun running and walking on Thursday!
At our Prayer Assembly on Monday, Ms. Marr asked us to be mindful of Indigenous Peoples’ Day. We can think about the people who have lived in this area and been stewards of this land for thousands of years. With this in mind, she read the book “Old Turtle” by Douglas Wood. It was a prayerful reflection on how we all are made in God’s image. An important focus for the week is for each of us to do the work to get along with one another and to take care of the world in which we live.
Conferences at the end of the month: You should have received the sign up sheet for conferences that went out yesterday. We have created a slightly different format for conferences this year. Instead of three half days, we are scheduling one half day and two days of no school. The format in prior years created extremely long and grueling days for staff. This format should allow teachers more preparation time for the conferences and allow them to be at their best for each of the conferences. We are also able to offer a little more variety in times to meet–there are two evening blocks, one morning block and one afternoon block available to schedule within. For our PreK through 5th grade conferences, parents attend. For our 6th through 8th grade, both students and parents attend–these are designed to be student led. You may also sign up to meet with a specialist. Conferences are an important time to hear about your student’s learning and growth and a time to discuss successes as well as goals for their continued learning. Conference confirmation will go home in the youngest student backpack on Friday, October 20.
Executive Function Blog for the month! Beth Peterson and Kelly Keim will be putting together a one-page blog each month that gives an overview of the previous EF Bootcamp and highlight some important Executive Function concepts for our community to think about and learn about. It will come out two weeks after the in-person EF Bootcamp and offer some resources. Here is this week’s blog with links! October EF Bootcamp Blog
In Gratitude for Fall Family Festival! Thank you to our Parent Association chairs, Kris Lund and Minou Reisinger for organizing this fun, community building event and ensuring its success! So many hours of work from many went into making this a fun event for our school families. Thank you to Ester Burkhart and Monica Flora for providing support and hands on help as well as to all other volunteers. Thank you to all the families who came and had fun!
Technology News from Ms. Marr:
- OpenAI and ChatGPT are growing platforms in the technology world. Read this article to hear pros and cons from a teacher’s perspective.
- Friday, October 13: Sacramental Preparation registration forms due to Mike Borte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday, October 14: Partners in the Gospel public input closes – your last chance to submit feedback on our proposed family grouping of St. Anne/Sacred Heart/Our Lady of Fatima is Saturday. You can submit feedback via the Archdiocese’s online form
- We are also moving to a new giving platform called PushPay starting on Saturday!
- Sunday, October 15: Youth altar server training is from 1-4pm – all 4th graders and older are welcome to join!
Activities at our school:
- Thursday, Moveathon at 1:15pm: Wear your 100th Anniversary T-shirt and comfortable running and walking attire!
- No School Friday: Staff will be at school for a retreat about prayer
- Thursday, October 19: The Great Shakeout–we will be practicing earthquake drills.
- Book Fair, October 25-27: In the Art Room–look for details to come.
- October 25-27: Conferences
Have a great week everyone.