100th Anniversary Photo
Yesterday at Prayer Assembly we acknowledged the rich blessing we have in our school custodian, Mr. Lemalu. He plays a pivotal role in attending to the complex building needs we have and always goes above and beyond the call of duty. For all he does we are grateful.
There are so many important announcements! Please take time to read, plan and schedule!
Blessing of the Animals tomorrow morning: This is a wonderful school tradition that brings blessings and joy to all our pets and the whole community. All are welcome! (For those who have not attended, it lasts about 10 minutes total.)
- This Wednesday, 8:30am in the PreK parking lot. (The gym will be set up for a funeral reception and not available.)
- Students can bring their family pet or a favorite stuffy for a blessing.
- Pets need to be taken home right after the blessing.
- The parking lot is open for parking during drop off and during the blessing.
- The students with pet allergies can go straight up to the 5th grade classroom Mrs. Sauvage will be in her classroom.
Friday Fall Family Carnival: Come one, come all to this fun community building event put on by our Parent Association.
- Friday, October 6, 5-8pm on the playground.
- Event includes inflatables and games on the playground, Dick’s Burger Truck, Pizza & Drinks, Beer Garden and a Cake Walk!
- Admission is free but there is a fee for the unlimited carnival games/inflatables, Dick’s Food items, pizza, and entry into the 21+ beer & wine garden. Use this link to pre-register.
Executive Function Bootcamp News: We had an amazing turnout of 80 parents to our first EF Bootcamp. Beth Peterson and Kelly Keim gave an overview presentation of all the key Executive Function Skills we will learn about and delve into this year. Parents also did a self-assessment of their own executive function strengths and challenges. Next week she will be sharing a blog on some of the ideas shared and some other important ideas related to our executive function learning this year. Here is a link to her slides and resources from the first bootcamp last Wednesday.
Move-A-thon News: This important fundraising event is coming up quickly! Our goal this year is $45,000 and provides critical funds for our operating budget. Tuition does not cover all the expenses for our school program and we depend on Move-a-thon, Auction and Annual Fund to balance our budget. Some of the items the Move-a-thon allowed us to purchase in the last year are new furniture for our PreK, new ipads with keyboards for the intermediate level, new desks for the fifth grade, and new science and math books for our middle school among other important resources for the school. Here is the scoop on how it works:
- Students gather pledges and donations! Family goal is $300. Students can create their own crowdfunding fundraiser page and collect pledges online! (Links for this can be found on the school website or Move-A-Thon post.)
- Thursday, October 12, 1:15pm, students meet in the gym for a warm up! And then the running (laps around the block) begins.
- Students wear their 100th Anniversary shirts and comfortable sweats or shorts.
- A special thanks to our Move-A-Thon Sponsors this year:
- Gold Sponsor: Sun Mountain Lodge, Erich & Betty Guenther
- Silver Sponsor: Rainier Pacific Properties, Jon and Claire Tran
- Silver Sponsor: Patrick & Becky Mullin
- Silver Sponsor: Johnny Mo’s, John & Heatherlyn Genna
- Claire Marr is your go-to when it comes to Gmail, PowerSchool, Student Tech! Reach out with any issues or questions.
- As you are traveling to school, to and from practices, or to the grocery store, turn on a Podcast in the car! Here are family friendly podcasts to choose from. My favorite is Big Fib by Gen Z Media and Wondery.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, Alpha begins! Walk-ins welcome! Come share a meal and conversations around some of life’s biggest questions about faith and religion.
- Thursday, Oct. 5 and Friday, Oct. 6 there is NO confession/rosary/Mass.
- Sunday, Oct. 8, 10AM Mass with Children’s Liturgy of the Word, followed by Coffee & Donuts at 11:00AM
- Do you have a child who you would like baptized? Do you know someone who wants to become Catholic? For more information, please contact Mike Borte at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the parish office at (206) 282-0223.
Have a great week!