St. Anne School
Celebrating 100 years
Empowering a New Century
Faith, Learning & Service
September. 12, 2023
Welcome to the second week of school! Last Friday we launched our 100th Anniversary year celebration with the rededication and blessing of the school by Fr. Colin. All the students gathered around the corner of the school building on 1st and Lee and replicated the original blessing and photo taken in 1923. Thank you to former school parent Jill Murphy for taking the photo. Our start of school Mass that followed at the church was a beautiful launch to the year. Families are always welcome to join us for our scheduled Masses throughout the year.
It was great seeing everyone at the annual Back to School Tailgate gathering last Friday! The evening was sunny and marked by fun, food and reconnection after a summer away. The playground was filled with students on bikes and scooters or just running around having fun. Thank you to the School Commission for hosting the event this year!
At our prayer assembly yesterday, Mr. Haffey shared a little bit about all the readings from this week’s Sunday Mass. He noted that they all called us to be good listeners in one way or another. Practicing good listening skills helps us be good learners, good friends and good people. That is a prayer to guide our week.
- Wednesday, September 13th is Picture Day. Students are welcome to come in free dress.
- Thursday, September 14th is our “Back to School Night”. Plan to come at 6:15pm to the gym to learn about volunteer opportunities offered by the church, the Parent Association and the Development Office. We will begin at 6:30 with prayer and a welcome. You will hear about our school program, learning initiatives throughout the year, planned activities and meet the parish and school staff. There will be two classroom sessions offered at 7:00 and 7:30pm. Specialists will be available to answer questions about their programs. We look forward to seeing all of you there.
- RESCHEDULED EVENT: This Friday’s 100th Anniversary commemorative photo has been rescheduled to Monday, September 25th. Not all students have yet received their commemorative shirts and this should give us time to get one for everyone! If a student has a commemorative shirt, please have them wear it on Friday. Mrs. Burkhart will be working to get an accurate count of shirts in specific sizes for ordering. ALSO, if your student did not get a shirt, please email Ester Burkhart at email@example.com with your students name, grade and shirt size. Thanks for your patience as we launch this fun shirt that can be worn throughout the year for many events including our Moveathon!.
- Note on what to wear on Friday (September 15): All students should come in uniform. If a student already has a commemorative shirt they can wear that instead of the uniform shirt.
- Due to the delay in start dates of our aide in PreK and one of our aides in 1st grade, we have hired long term subs for those positions. Please welcome Mrs. Amy Gulmann in the first grade on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Mr. Will Austin in PreK. They will both be spending some of their time in the intermediate level classrooms helping out.
- We are now on Instagram! Our tech specialist, Claire Marr, will be managing the St.Anne Instagram page so you can stay updated with news, event reminders, and pictures! Click the link to follow the St.Anne Instagram page! Claire will host a technology table where you can bring any technology questions you have!
Have a great week!