Fun sidewalk science
April 25, 2023
At our prayer assembly this week we talked about the Gospel of Luke’s story of the disciples on the road to Emmaus. We reflected on how just as Jesus walked with, listened to and was present with his disciples, we too can be compassionate listeners, walk with and be a support to our friends. We may find God’s grace within and allow that to help us be good people and be of service to others.
It has been a busy week of learning activities! Don’t forget to read your classroom newsletters and ask your student to share something they have learned. Knowledge deepens when we retell the story of our day.
Footloose Auction News:
- We are two weeks away from our wonderful school auction!
- Ongoing thanks to our auction chairs for their vision and work on this important fundraising event that helps balance the school budget!
- At the Monday Morning Prayer Assembly, the auction chairs gave the students a mini fashion show to share ideas of what to wear for our “Footloose” theme. Keep it simple with a little western and a little dance party flair. Perhaps throw in a cowboy hat, bandana or cowboy boots for fun.
- Classes are working on the auction door decorating contest that will be judged on Wednesday. There is abundant creativity on each of the classroom doors!
SLE Drawing Winners for this Month!
- Active Person of Faith: Ernie Reisenauer (1st) for always leading with kindness.
- Lifelong Learner: Remy Thompson (1st) for asking for engaging and challenging work.
- Well Balanced Person: Ollie Maddalena(6th) who always manages to offer to sub for Patrol even when he has many other activities going on after school.
- Globally Aware Person: Liam Kelly (4th) for pulling the compost bag out of the bin and fixing it for the lunchroom.
Gratitude for Service!
- Rice Bowl totals were reported at Prayer Assembly yesterday: 207 Rice Bowls and over $2500 collected for Catholic Community Services.
- Donations are coming in for Martha’s Workers! Thank you for your generosity in supporting this important parish ministry that has been in place for 40 years. Mr. Haffey reported that over the years they have probably made over 600,000 sandwiches for the community.
Congratulations on the Sacrament of Confirmation!
- At the 5pm Saturday Mass, many of our students, former students and parishioners received the Sacrament of Confirmation from Archbishop Etienne.
- We extend our prayers of congratulation to: Jacob Bayha, Noelle Boyd, Trent Boyd, Chloe Budge, Ethan Budge, Isaure De Pas, William Dorman, Liam Downs, Callie Fields, Macy Fields, Darren Gallagher, Alex Good, Colter Good, David Good, Pam Harmon, Elsa Hinz, Joe Maher, Kellen Matt, Charlotte Murphy, Sadie Murphy, Zoe Onwuneme, Tegan Rain, Adelaide Reinland, Anja Ticen, Annika Ticen and Lukas Ticen.
Upcoming First Eucharist Mass!
- Please join us in celebrating with our 2nd graders on Sunday, April 30 at the 10am Mass as they receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist. This sacrament is a reminder to all that we can always receive nourishment from God.
- All are welcome to stop by Banchero Hall and offer their congratulations at the cake reception following Mass.
- Friday, April 28, Free Dress
- Sunday, April 30, 10am: First Eucharist Mass
- Friday & Saturday, May 5 & 6: School Auction
- Friday, May 12, 8:45am: May Crowning Mass
- Friday, May 12, 1:45pm: Talent Show
- Thursday, May 18, 12pm: Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- May 19 & 20: Upper School Drama: Seussical