March 28, 2023
- On Friday we welcomed our Grandparents and Grandfriends to a Mass and lunch in their honor. The church was full, Banchero Hall was full and guests filled the middle school and hallways. This beautiful community event was a huge success. Thank you to Monica Flora and her team of parent volunteers: Kelli Schuman, Nate Jones and Nina and Charlie Brooks, who helped set up and take down from the event.
- Friday afternoon brought our K-5 Broadway Revue hosted by our Middle School Performing Arts Elective crew. The students put on a fabulous show under the direction of Ms. Faltinson featuring the songs: Under the Sea (K), Revolting Children (1st), This is Me (2nd), Hard Knock Life (3rd), King of New York (4th) and Just a Simple Sponge (5th). Thank you to the students for all their hard work and for the dedication of Ms. Faltinson for teaching them how to sing and move on stage.
- Our STEAM night on Thursday evening was a huge success. Students created works of art out of natural materials, demonstrated feats of engineering prowess with tall towers mimicking the giant sequoia, created “bioluminescent” insects, played number card games, built kaleidoscopes, solved puzzles and explored pentagons. Thank you to Ms. McDougall and her team of teachers and students who put this fun, exploratory night together. A great learning community event.
Tomorrow our 5th grade students will head off to OPI for three days of outdoor learning on the Olympic Peninsula. We will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.
- It is a St. Anne tradition to have a “Simple Meal” on Good Friday. The meal consists of water, saltines, and ramen noodles. It is a beautiful event. This year Good Friday is April 7. To make this event possible, we need volunteers, especially people to help on the day by preparing and serving the ramen to the students. This event goes from 10:45am to 1:00pm. If you are able, please email Mr. Haffey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Events on the Calendar this month:
- March 29-30: 5th Grade at OPI
- March 31: All School Free Dress
- March 31: 8:45am–All School Morning Mass
- March 31: Middle School Retreat in the Church
- April 4: School Class Pictures (wear uniform for this)
- April 7: Simple Meal for all school
- April 7, 2:15pm: Good Friday Stations of the Cross put on by the 5th and 8th grade classes. All are welcome. There is a silent dismissal at the end of Stations.
- April 10-14: No School–Easter Break