March 21, 2023
Welcome to spring!
At Monday Morning Prayer Assembly, Ms. Marr shared with us the Gospel reading of the blind man being healed by Jesus. An important message that Jesus gives is that: “Neither he nor his parents sinned; it is so that the works of God might be made visible through him.” We receive continued opportunities for renewal and growth in our lives. We are encouraged to renew and refocus on the work we set for ourselves in our Lenten journey.
We finished off last week and started this week with three wonderful events on the Banchero Hall stage.
- Lower school drama performance of Jungle Book! The drama students put on a great show demonstrating their singing, dancing and acting skills! Thank you students! And thank you to the group of dedicated parents, led by Sam Stack for the staging, set design, lighting and sound.
- St. Patrick’s Day with the Tara Academy Dancers! Last Friday the stage was filled with Irish music and beautiful dancing. The final clogging piece with almost the whole ensemble was spectacular. We are so grateful to St. Anne Alums, Sara Raney Williams, and Julie Raney, for keeping this tradition alive for our school. And thank you to our students who are members of the troupe, Quinn Raney-Ernst and Cadence Jerrell, for sharing their dancing talents with all of the school. We sent them off with our traditional, end of day Irish blessing.
- Middle School Theater Elective Performance of “Bad Guy”: Nine middle school students wrote, designed their costumes, props, and set, and performed in this fun little mystery story with fairy tale characters. Thank you to Ms. Faltinson for guiding them in their work! So much fun to share with the school at the end of Prayer Assembly.
And a thank you moment to all our parent volunteers who help create community and a rich learning environment at our school.
- Thank you to all our Room Parents who are coordinating and communicating about everything, everywhere, all at once!
- Thank you to our Parent Association Chairs, Kris Lund and Minou Reisinger for the successful Mother and Son Putt Putt last Sunday!
We have a big week ahead of us so double check your calendars and don’t miss out!
- Thursday Night! STEAM Night! In Banchero Hall, 6:30-7:30. A fun, learning event for the whole school! This teacher organized and planned event will provide a wide range of hands-on activities that are designed to engage us in science, technology, engineering, art and math learning. Please join us for an hour and be surprised by some new learning.
- Friday, March 24 is Grandparents/Grandfriends day: We will share Mass together at 10:30am and lunch will follow in Banchero Hall or the Middle School Hall and rooms. For those new to this wonderful event here are some details:
- Gates to the playground will open at 10:00 am for parking.
- Guests come into the school and go to their student’s classroom. (Middle School Student Ambassadors will be greeting all at the door and directing them to the classroom they are trying to find.)
- Students and their Grandparents/friends will go over to the church starting at 10:20 am and find seating together.
- Students who do not have a Grandparent/friend joining them form a “family” group with their classmates and sit together at Mass.
- After Mass, Grandparents/friends share lunch with their students in Banchero Hall or in the Middle School. (No hot lunch is served. Students bring a lunch for their Grandparent/friend.)
- Note: Some students may have a parent stand in for their Grandparent/friend.
- Lunch is usually over by 12:10 or so.
- Friday, March 24 at 2:15pm: Broadway Revue
- This is a performance by the K-5 students. Each of the classes presents a choreographed song from a musical. They have been working on it this trimester and are excited to share their work with all of you!
- 2:15pm in Banchero Hall.
- Gates to the playground open at 2:00pm
- All are welcome.
Report cards went home today. This is a wonderful opportunity to engage your student in a conversation about what they are learning. Be curious and caring with them. Find out what they are most excited about with their learning. And find out goals they are setting for themselves as they enter the final trimester of this school year. These kinds of conversations help students keep a growth mindset, become strong problem solvers and support stronger, self-directed learners. We are so grateful to partner with you in your student’s learning and faith journey.
Important and Fun Events on the Calendar this month:
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Night, 6:30-7:30pm, Thursday, March 23, 2023: Do not miss this fun, learning event planned for all ages. ALL SCHOOL!
- Grandparents/Grandfriends Day: Friday, March 24, 2023, Mass at 10:30am, lunch to follow (sack lunches brought by families).
- K-5th Grade BROADWAY REVUE: Friday, March 24, 2:15pm, in Banchero Hall
Free Dress Days Coming Up:
- March 23: PJ Day
- March 31: All School Free Dress
Stay Well and Go ZAGS!