The fall continues to grace us with (mostly) beautiful weather! Our students were troopers last week when we needed to have indoor recess due to poor air quality. Now we are settling into the rhythm of the school day with learning happening in all the classrooms throughout the school building and outdoors at recess.
Ms. Earnst, our art and library teacher, read us the story of the ugly duckling and guided us in prayer with an exploration of how that story helps us understand our school theme: “God has made all things beautiful in its time.” The opportunity to start the week in prayer and reflection helps our whole learning community get set up for success.
In Gratitude for:
- For the Principal’s Retreat: On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week, I attended the Archdiocesan Principal Retreat at Seabeck on the Kitsap Peninsula. It was an opportunity for me to network with other school principals, share ideas and build supportive connections. Fr. Justin Ryan gave a wonderful presentation titled: “I Have Called You by Name” Experiencing and Sharing the Joy of our Vocation. This workshop was about utilizing prayer in discerning God’s will. I will be utilizing this experience and information to lead our staff in a retreat on Friday, October 14 (students have the day off).
- For hardworking students and staff: MAP testing is taking place this week and next week and requires lots of energy, organization and work from everyone. Students benefit from good meals and lots of rest.
Exciting community events:
- Blessing of the Animals is next Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 8:30am in Banchero Hall! Fr. Colin will be over to bless all the various animals in our lives and mark the feast of St. Francis of Assisi. The building will open at 8:10am and you will be allowed to park on the playground, bringing pets directly to Banchero Hall for the 8:30am blessing. If students are unable to bring a pet, they can bring a stuffed animal or picture. All live pets will need to return home immediately following the blessing. We are excited to return to this tradition.
- The MoveAthon is coming up on Thursday, October 13, 2022. Please see the detailed information from Mrs. Flora below. She has given detailed instructions/options on how students can collect pledges. She will also be looking for volunteers to help at the event. Please contact her if you can spare the afternoon between 1:00pm and 3:00pm on the 14th. Everyone needs to pray for some sunshine for this fun-filled event.
- Middle School Dance News: The first North Region dance is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 30, 2022, 7:30-9pm at Assumption-St. Bridget School. Permission slips have been sent home with 7th and 8th grade students.
- Volunteer Requirement: If you are volunteering in the school, you are currently required to complete the new covid Archdiocesan Volunteer Agreement Form. This form is available through this link, as a hard copy in the school office and through School Admin (see Mrs. Hazzard’s information below).
Take a little time each day to restore by considering the beauty of the natural world. This gift from God abounds in richness and complexity. Enjoy the complexity of your children this week as well as you can.
Have a great week!