St. Anne School
Celebrating 100 years
Empowering a New Century
Faith, Learning & Service
At Prayer Assembly our 2nd graders used flashlights as candles to symbolize the light that can shine during these darkest days of the year. During the last couple of weeks they studied holiday traditions throughout the world and noticed how light was a common theme. For our prayer reflection, each second grader shared what they do to brighten the days of others. We lit two purple Advent candles for hope and peace and sang two verses or our Advent song.
Blessing Bags: Today our students got together in their buddy classes and filled Blessing Bags to give to St. Martin de Porres, Noel House and Christ Our Hope Church. Each bag contained a variety of essential items that are critical to our community members. Thank you to all the students and families who brought these items in for this important service project. A huge thank you to Sean Haffey for organizing the event and organizing the delivery of the Blessing Bags tomorrow by our middle school service team.
Congratulations to our Middle School Speech Team. News from the speech team coach Myke Folger: “The team participated in the Bishop Blanchet tournament on Saturday. There were more than 170 competitors in 300 rounds of the tournament. In the Editorial Commentary category, Sebastian De Villasante came away as Finalist. Kate Howard dazzled the judge for a 3rd place finish in the Expository category. Juliette Stack impressed all for a 2nd-place finish in the Dramatic interpretive category. And Sasha Worner drew high marks from all judges garnering first place in the Storybook category. Very impressive effort on their part and the rest of the team. Next up: Seattle Prep, Feb. 4.”
Congratulations to our Debateables Club who had their culminating debate tournament this weekend. They demonstrated great speaking skills and the ability to think on their feet. Here are the Team Awards:
- 2nd Place – Cass Jones/Theo Mello e Souza/Jamie Crisalli
- 4th Place – James Worner/Clara Rose
- 5th Place – Lachlan Liddell/Liam Kelly
Here are the Individual Speaker Awards:
- 2nd Place – Cass Jones
- 4th Place – Jamie Crisalli
- 6th Place – Hunter Rossman
And thank you to Nkiru Onwuneme for organizing and ensuring that this wonderful extracurricular event is available to our students.
Executive Function Blog for the month–Time Management & Task Initiation! Yesterday I met with Beth Peterson and Kelly Keim to discuss how our sessions for teachers, parents and students were going so far this year and to make plans for the upcoming trimester work on the topics of Goal Directed Persistence (Jan. 17), Emotional Control & Response Inhibition (Feb. 28) and Working Memory (Mar. 20). We again will have our monthly teacher training, EF Bootcamp for parents and in class sessions for students. Prior to each meeting I will send out an RSVP form. There was a positive response to having the event in the 7th grade classroom and we will keep that location if our anticipated attendance fits the space. Beth and Kelly reiterated that they are always happy to have individual conversations after bootcamp if you have questions! Thank you to all for attending and engaging in this important work to support our students’ learning and growth.
Safety First! A reminder of healthy protocol when a student or family member has covid: please have siblings wear a mask while at school to reduce the possibility of transmission.
Christmas Pageant Time!
- Students should wear their Pageant attire to school on Thursday.
- Thursday, December 14 Performance times: 1:15pm and 6:30pm
- For those who are new to the St. Anne School Christmas Pageant, our 6th grade class takes the lead as performers and every other class plays a supporting role throughout the program by singing a special Christmas song.
- Doors open at 6:00pm: Enter the building through the Banchero Hall doors. Students go straight to their classrooms.
- For the evening performance, students will go to their classrooms and come down for their class performance–the teacher is with them in their classroom while they wait and after they perform. At the end of the evening, parents can pick up their students in their classroom. It is a fun evening for all!
- What should students wear? Here is the link to the information for each grade.
Re-enrollment for the 2024-25 school year will open January 2.
- It is an online process through Finalsite.
- You will receive an email invitation to re-enroll.
- Over the last couple of months we have been hard at work writing our budget for 2024-2025 with the support of members of the School Commission. We utilized that budget information to set the tuition for 2024-2025.
- Tuition will be increasing 5% this year.
- Our PreK program will have a larger percentage increase. We will be offering our four hour program but also a new full day (6.5 hours) option.
- New this year will be a Technology Fee of $300 for each student in 5th-8th Grade. This will support the costs to run our one-to-one device program in these grades.
- We are grateful to the success of our fundraising through Moveathon, the School Auction and our annual fund campaigns that help keep our tuition rates lower.
- Tuition and fees for the 2023-24 school year:
- Registration/re-enrollment fee: $225 per student (stayed the same as last year)
- PreKindergarten tuition (4 hr. program): $8460 (an increase of $64 per month)
- PreKindergarten tuition (6.5 hr. program): $13,750
- Kindergarten-8th grade In-parish tuition: $11,000 (an increase of $45 per month)
- Kindergarten-8th grade Out-of-parish tuition: $13,750 (an increase of $66 per month)
- Reminder: For families who receive In-parish tuition, make sure you are up-to-date on your giving. Please go to the Parish Stewardship Giving Page and follow the step-by-step instructions to ensure you are up-to-date. You may also reach out to Brigid McMahan, parish Business manager for assistance.
Upcoming Church events:
- Advent Adoration Night – This Thursday, 12/14, 6-7pm, join us in a peaceful night of Eucharistic Adoration!
- Last day of THE GIVING TREE – This Sunday, 12/17, please bring all your gifts + ornaments back and thank you for helping us give this holiday season!
- Christmas Mass schedule:
- 4th Sunday of Advent Mass: 10AM
- Christmas Eve Masses (Sunday): 4PM with Children’s Choir! and 10PM
- Christmas Day Mass (Monday): 10AM
Activities at our school:
- Dec. 14: 1:15pm & 6:30pm–Christmas Pageant
- Dec. 15: Red and Green Free Dress
- Dec. 15: 11:30am sing-a-long in the gym
- Dec. 15: NOON DISMISSAL
- Dec. 18-Jan. 1: Christmas Break
- Jan. 2: Return to School
- Jan. 2: Re-enrollment begins (ends on Jan. 12)
- Jan. 2: PreK and K Enrollment for 2024-25 begins
- Jan 15: No School–Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Jan. 18: PreK and Kindergarten Information night at 6:30pm
Wishing all of you a very blessed Christmas season.