‘Tis the Season of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love
St. Anne School
Celebrating 100 years
Empowering a New Century
Faith, Learning & Service
Advent is a season of preparation. Yesterday our 3rd grade class helped us launch Advent with their beautiful reflections on the season and the lighting of the first purple candle symbolizing hope. They made large paper candles to remind us of the theme for each week of Advent: the second purple candle symbolizes peace, the third pink candle symbolizes joy and the fourth purple candle love. As we prepare for Christ’s birth our school will take time each morning to reflect on these Advent themes. We will prepare our hearts through service this year by gathering much needed items for our community members in need. With buddy classes we will assemble blessing bags to share. Thank you for supporting this important project. Here is the link for more information.
Report Cards went home today. This can be an opportunity to open up a conversation with your child about school–what they are enjoying about their learning in each subject and what areas they might focus on to improve their growth. This snapshot of their learning is an important communication tool from the school to families and can help guide the work of the next trimester. It is great to take this moment to celebrate all the work and learning students have done these last few months!
Last Wednesday we had our third Executive Function Bootcamp which covered the topics of Time Management and Task Initiation. Thank you to all who attended and to Beth Peterson and Kelly Keim for sharing strategies to support all students in developing these skills. Here is the link to their slide show and handouts.
Thank you to all the parents and teachers who volunteered at the Middle School Dance last Friday. There were over 30 of you who stepped up to help and make the dance a huge success! We hosted over 400 seventh and eighth grade students from 12 Catholic schools in our region! A special shout out to Mr. Haffey who organized this event for us–he went above and beyond! The money raised supports costs of middle school retreats, activities and service initiatives.
Thank you to our Parent Association chairs, Minou Reisinger and Kris Lund for organizing the first ever Holiday Tea on Sunday. And thank you to the volunteers who helped out. It was a fun community building event and a great success. They are already making plans for next year!
Thursday Spirit Day: The Middle School Spirit team scheduled our PJ Free Dress day for Thursday. Come in PJs for a comfy, cozy school day!
Mass on Friday at 8:45am for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. This Mass will be led by our 4th Grade students. It is a beautiful opportunity for us to come and pray together as a community. All are welcome.
Christmas Pageant Time!
- For those who are new to the St. Anne School Christmas Pageant, our 6th grade class takes the lead as performers and every other class plays a supporting role throughout the program by singing a special Christmas song.
- Thursday, December 14 is performance day: 1:15pm and 6:30pm.
- For the evening performance, students will go to their classrooms and come down for their class performance–the teacher is with them in their classroom while they wait and after they perform. At the end of the evening, parents can pick up their students in their classroom. It is a fun evening for all!
- Doors open at 6:00pm: Enter the building through the Banchero Hall doors. Students go straight to their classrooms.
- What should students wear? Here is the link to the information for each grade.
- Artificial Tree Donations Needed! We are looking to borrow several artificial Christmas trees–3 to 8 feet tall, preferably with lights. Please email Kendra Kassebaum if you can loan a tree! (firstname.lastname@example.org ) We are looking to borrow several!
- New desks for 5th Grade! And now we have desks to give away! If you would like one of the old 5th grade desks for use in your home, email Sean Haffey at email@example.com
- Leaking Roof Repair: We are scheduled to have roof repair work done over the break to stop the leaks we have been seeing in the middle school and gym!
- Drain Clean out and Repair: The drains at various locations on the playground are scheduled to be cleaned out this week!
Upcoming Church Events:
- Partners in the Gospel Joint Listening Session at Sacred Heart – Wednesday, 6:30PM, join the other parishioners in our parish Family (Sacred Heart, Our Lady of Fatima, and Christ Our Hope)
- Advent Adoration Night – Thursday, 6PM (and every Thursday in Advent!)
- Mass for the holy day of obligation, Immaculate Conception – 8:45AM with the School, 12pm in the side chapel, or 7pm in the Church
- Coffee & Donuts this Sunday after 10AM Mass!
Activities at our school:
- Dec. 7: PJ Spirit Day FREE DRESS
- Dec. 8, 8:45am: Feast of the Immaculate Conception (led by the 4th Grade Class)–All are welcome
- Dec. 14, 1:15pm and 6:30pm: School Christmas Pageant
Have a great week everyone,