Pumpkin Success for first Grade today!
It is Conference Week! We are happy to welcome you into the school building this week for conferences! This is a great opportunity for communication about learning. Some things to be aware of:
- At conferences, you will hear about:
- what your student is learning
- their growth and progress
- their next learning goals and opportunities for growth
- It is a time to ask questions and share information with teachers that will support your student’s learning.
- PreK-5th are Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- 6th-8th are Student-Parent-Teacher Conferences–these are student led.
- Conferences are scheduled every 20 minutes so it is important that you arrive and leave from your conferences promptly.
- Teachers highly value conferences but they are exhausting. If you need additional time to discuss your student’s learning needs, you can schedule that with the teacher for a later time.
Book Fair: We are always excited for the Book Fair during conference week. Ms. Earnst works with Secret Garden Books in Ballard to bring this wonderful selection of books to you. There are special orders available, there are teacher wish lists and the proceeds from all the book sales go to buy new books for the library. Times of the book fair are the following:
- Wednesday, 12:00-1:00pm
- Wednesday, 3:00-7:30pm
- Thursday, 12:00-7:30pm
- Friday, 8:30am-1:00pm
Halloween: Don’t forget that next week we have our Halloween parade and assembly on Tuesday afternoon. Feel free to join us for the parade and assembly. We look forward to some of the traditional ghosts, witches and goblins and all sorts of creative characters! Please remember that costumes may not depict violence, be gruesome and negative, nor include weapons of any sort. And students must be able to move about easily and sit at their desk!
Extracurricular Music Opportunity: Mo Mershon is offering a youth Christmas Eve choir experience this year! Please see this music flier for more details!
Executive Function Bootcamp: We are looking forward to the Nov., 6:45-7:45pm EF Parent Training–subject is Organization! I will be sending out an RSVP later this week. We will again have snacks and drinks to add to the enjoyment of the learning experience. Babysitting of students of St. Anne school will be offered.
Stewardship & Reenrollment: The beginning of January will be the start of re-enrollment in the school. If you are a parish member and receiving in-parish tuition, make sure you go to the Parish Stewardship Giving Page and follow the step by step instructions to ensure you are up to date.
In Gratitude: Thank you to the 7th grade families for providing the staff with delicious snacks for our Wednesday, Staff Meeting. They were enjoyed by all!
- Wednesday, Oct. 25 thru Friday, Oct. 26: No weekday Mass (no Rosary/Confession as well) as Fr. Colin goes on his annual personal retreat!
- Saturday, Oct. 28 at our proposed Partners in the Gospel Family parish, Our Lady of Fatima – Crab Fest at 6pm KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS SPONSORED CRAB DINNER Sat., Oct. 28th, 6pm at Our Lady of Fatima. The Knights of Columbus Council 8311 Annual Crab Dinner has returned! Saturday October 28th, 6:00pm in the Fatima Parish Center. Bring your family for a sumptuous meal of fresh caught and cooked Dungeness crab. Crab, salad, bread, dessert, wine and beer. The cost is $40 per person; $8 for kids under 10 and $10 for ages 10-12. Email or call Grand Knight John Campion at email@example.com or 206-928-3418 to reserve your table or for more information. Don’t forget your shell-cracking devices!
- October 25: FREE DRESS all school
- October 28, 9-12: Outdoor Clean Up Party for St. Anne!
- October 31: 1:45pm Halloween Parade, 2:15 Assembly
- November 1, 8:45am: All Saints Day School Mass
- November 1, 6:45-7:45: Executive Function Bootcamp, Topic: Organization
- Nov. 4: 100th Anniversary Celebration starting with 5pm Mass
- Nov. 10: No School
Have a great week,