Sasha and James–Principals for the Day!
Welcome to Fall! We started this week with wonderful leadership in the school with Principals Sasha and James for the day. This auction item from the 2022 Auction was a tremendous success. They started the day at Prayer Assembly by declaring:
FREE DRESS: Thursday, September 28!
They visited classrooms handing out small treats and 100th anniversary stickers, ran errands for the office, made executive decisions and enjoyed a pizza lunch. Thanks for your leadership James and Sasha!
Executive Function Bootcamp this week: Beth Peterson will be here for our first Executive Function presentation. Learn ways to support your student’s life-long learning journey. And learn a little about your own executive function skills along the way!
- Wednesday, 6;45-7:45pm
- Location: 7th grade classroom (we will move to the gym if needed)
- Snacks and Beverages provided
- Service hours for attendance
- If you haven’t already, RSVP using this google form.
Principal’s Retreat: Last week I attended the Archdiocesan Principals’ Retreat. The focus of the retreat was prayer and preparation to lead the Christ in the Classroom retreat held for the staff on October 13. The presenter was Sister Kate O’Leary, a Franciscan of the Eucharist order who works to serve the poor in Chicago. She guided us through deepening our understanding of the foundational role of prayer in forming ourselves in relationship with God, the diverse forms and expressions of prayer and how to cultivate a life of prayer. Throughout the year I will share some of the prayers and ideas in my post.
New Night Custodian: I am excited to introduce Cletus Skrabak as our newly hired night custodian. He comes to us with experience in both maintenance and construction work. We are excited to have him on board. He will begin training on Wednesday and Thursday this week with Heti and begin full time next Monday. Welcome!
Thank you to Alan Rosado: Although Alan is unable to return to his custodial position, we are grateful for his many years of service to St. Anne School. We plan to thank him and toast him at our Nov. 4th 100th Anniversary Gala.
Pick up Reminders:
- Do not park in No Parking zones around the school.
- Park in the school lot.
- We need to be good neighbors and be safe.
- Carpool or walk to school when you are able.
- Make sure your students have uniform sweatshirts to keep warm as the days grow colder.
- Ensure that skirts and shorts are long enough!
- We will ask students to call home for proper items if needed.
- This year on PE days, students may wear their 100th Anniversary Shirt with their school uniform.
Item drop off and student pick up protocol:
- Interruptions during the school day are disruptive to quality instruction and learning and families need to follow school protocol outlined below.
- Drop forgotten lunches, any class treats or missing school materials off in the school office. DO NOT take them to the student’s classroom or to the lunchroom. Office staff will notify classroom teachers about items.
- Always come directly to the school office to sign out a student–do not go to a student’s classroom to pick them up. Office staff will call the classroom or send someone to get your student.
- If you are volunteering for the classroom teacher, you must check in at the front desk and get a school visitor tag.
- If you wish a conversation with a teacher about your student, email them to set up a meeting time agreeable to both of you.
Partners in the Gospel: If you are a parishioner, you will have heard about this long term initiative by the Archdiocese to work for positive change in our parishes. The overarching goal is to strengthen the mission of the church in light of current challenges. Part of that initiative is to create families of parishes that will work together to form a unified parish. As was announced this weekend, St. Anne Parish is in a family with Sacred Heart Parish and Our Lady of Fatima Parish. Please use this link to gather more information on Partners in the Gospel through our parish website. Please participate in a St. Anne Church listening session to share your perspective and wonderings. I will continue to communicate updates about this work as it moves forward.
- Sept. 26, 6-8PM: Partners in the Gospel Listening Session
- Oct. 2, 6-8PM: Partners in the Gospel Listening Session
Moveathon: Work has begun to organize this year’s Moveathon! It is scheduled for Thursday, October 12 at 1:15pm. Look for news and details coming out soon! This is a critical school fundraiser!
News and events from the Week
Parent Association News and Events:
- Fall Carnival: Friday October 6!
- Event includes inflatables and games on the playground, Dick’s Burger Truck, Pizza & Drinks, Beer Garden and a Cake Walk!
- You won’t want to miss this fun event!
100th Anniversary News:
- All-School, 100th Anniversary photo successfully taken yesterday in between rain showers! One of the photos can be found on our instagram page!
- We will be getting the photo framed and put up in the school!
On the calendar this week:
- Wednesday, September 27, 6;45pm, Executive Function Bootcamp–all parents welcome!
- Thursday, September 28: FREE DRESS (proclaimed by our Principals for the Day)
- Friday, September 29: Last Friday of the month FREE DRESS
- Friday, 8:45am Mass: All are welcome.
- Tuesday, September 26, there is a Partners in the Gospel Listening Session. Come give your input on the family grouping announced at Mass this last weekend.
- Wednesday, September 27, Alpha begins! Come share a meal and conversations around some of life’s biggest questions about faith and religion.
- Sunday, October 1 will be the return of Children’s Liturgy of the Word at 10AM Mass (sorry about the miscommunication previously).
Have a great week!