7th Grade Leadership Award Winners!
May 16, 2023
This week is Teacher Appreciation week! We are so fortunate to have such a team of hard working professionals who deeply care about each and every one of the students and are committed to creating a positive, learning environment for all.
We have less than five weeks of school left! Important learning is still left so support your student in missing as little school as possible and help them stay organized with their work. It will make a difference!
Our 4th graders led us in an inspiring Prayer Assembly about the Beatitudes yesterday. They took time to explain each of these qualities that embody the Kingdom of Heaven. The students identified specific staff members and students who embodied each of the Beatitudes and explained the things they did to live those qualities. Living the Beatitudes helps us be people of mercy and peace.
Thank you to our 2nd graders for the beautiful May Crowning Mass last Friday. They demonstrated their capable faith leadership! And at the end of Mass, we presented the 7th Grade Leadership Awards. These awards recognize students who exemplify leadership in each of our four Student Learning Expectations (SLEs). At their SLE retreat a couple weeks ago, seventh grade students reflected on fellow students who served as role models for them in each of the SLEs. This year’s award winners are:
- Active Person of Faith: Henry Maddalena
- Lifelong Learner: Ruth Fujise and Nina Roozen
- Globally Aware: Sebastian de Villasante
- Well-Balanced: Anna Jane Leonardson and Quinn Skillestad
Congratulations to our award winners and all our 7th graders. The school is looking forward to their leadership next year.
Upper School Drama presentation of Seussical this week! There are three performances of this wonderful show this week! All are welcome!
- Friday, May 18, 7pm
- Saturday, May 19, 1pm
- Saturday, May 19, 7pm
- May 15-19: Teacher Appreciation Week
- Thursday, May 18, 12pm: Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- Friday, May 19: Middle School Free Dress
- May 19, 7pm & May 20, 1pm & 7pm: Upper School Drama: Seussical
- NEW: Monday, May 22: Spirit Day, Tropical Free Dress (No short, shorts please!)
- Friday, May 26: All School Free Dress
- Thursday, June 1: Learning Celebration (No school this day–but every student will have a scheduled time to come in and share with their parents some of their great successes throughout the year.)