Fruits of the Spirit by Fifth Grade
May 9, 2023
In our Prayer Assembly this week, the 5th graders shared with us the fruits of the spirit such as wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord. As they said, “The Holy Spirit is still with us, helping us, and revealing God’s love for us. We brainstormed ways we can share God’s love with others and we turned to the Fruits of the Holy Spirit to guide us.” They created a tree of fruit with ideas for all of us that is on the wall outside the second grade classroom.
Thank you to our whole school community for a successful auction this year. It was a fabulous, footloose event! A huge shout-out again to our auction chairs: Lori Roozen, Becky Levich, Susan Leonardson, Heatherlynn Genna and Sarah & Daniel Dupuis! They are great role models of teamwork. It felt great to be back in the school building for the event. The kids had a wonderful time at Friday’s Family night with carnival games, ponies and cotton candy. And Saturday night the bidding was electric and we grossed just over $400,000. We need to still tally expenses but this was exactly what we were hoping for! Our Development Director, Monica Flora and and Development Assistant, Ester Burkhart were instrumental in attending to all the details that make this a successful event. And thanks to everyone in our community whether you contributed your time, talent and/or treasure. All made a difference. We never lose sight of the fact that this is critical to funding our school programs and keeping tuition affordable.
- Don’t forget to submit your volunteer hours!
Events this Week!
- Friday, May 12, 8:45am: May Crowning Mass –All are welcome.
- Friday, May 12, 1:45pm: Talent Show (gates open for parking at 1:30pm)
In next week’s post, look forward to hearing about our work and plan to launch a 1:1 device program for our 5th-8th grade students starting in fall, 2023.
- Friday, May 12, 8:45am: May Crowning Mass
- Friday, May 12, 1:45pm: Talent Show
- May 15-19: Teacher Appreciation Week
- Thursday, May 18, 12pm: Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- Friday, May 19: Middle School Free Dress
- May 19 & 20: Upper School Drama: Seussical
- Friday, May 26: All School Free Dress
- Thursday, June 1: Learning Celebration (No school this day–but every student will have a scheduled time to come in and share with their parents some of their great successes throughout the year.)