January 10, 2023
At our Prayer Assembly this week, the first graders invited all of us to set an intention for the week! They reflected specifically on how they could be great in their classrooms. The big intentions they highlighted were to be good listeners, to act with kindness, to be peaceful and to help others. These intentions create a learning environment where all students can grow.
The months of January and February are full of wonderful activities for our community. Besides energizing learning activities going on in all the grades throughout the school, we are planning for PreK and Kindergarten Information Night on Jan. 26; and Catholic Schools Week (Jan. 29-Feb. 3) which culminates in our Grandparents/Grandfriends Day Mass on Feb. 3. And don’t forget the Father/Daughter Dance on February 5! A huge thank you to the Parent Association for organizing that.
Seahawks “Blue Friday” this week! Our Middle School Spirit Elective team has rallied the school to support the Seahawks with a free dress day! Come to school in Seahawks colors.
Re-enrollment for the 2023-24 school year will open this week.
- It is an online process through SchoolAdmin.
- You will be receiving an email invitation to re-enroll.
- Over the last couple of months we have been hard at work writing our budget for 2023-2024 with the support of members of the School Commission. We utilized that budget information to set the tuition for 2023-2024.
- Tuition will be increasing 6% this year. Our average percent increase over the last five years has been 5.1 percent. Two of the key factors that contributed to this are the 7% increase in the Seattle Public Schools’ Salary Scale and the 2022 rate of inflation of 7.86%.
- Salary as a percent of budget is over 85%. As a community, we are committed to fairly compensating and retaining our outstanding and dedicated staff. This impacts tuition.
- We are grateful to the success of our fundraising and annual fund campaigns that help keep our tuition rates lower.
Tuition and fees for the 2023-24 school year:
Registration/re-enrollment fee: $225 per student (stayed the same as last year)
PreKindergarten tuition: $7,818 (an increase of $44 per month)
Kindergarten-8th grade In-parish tuition: $10,445 (an increase of $59 per month)
Kindergarten-8th grade Out-of-parish tuition: $13,090 (an increase of $74 per month)
Dates for your Calendar this month!
- No School: Jan. 16, Martin Luther King Day
- PreK & Kindergarten Information Night: Thursday, January 26, 6:30pm, Banchero Hall
- St. Anne School Open House: Sunday, Jan. 29: 11:30am-1:00pm
- Catholic Schools Week: January 29-February 3
- Grandparents/Grandfriends Day Mass: Friday, February 3, 10:30am
- Father/Daughter Dance: Sunday, February 5, 2023