It is MoveAthon week! The students are leading the way as they line up donations for their Thursday laps around St. Anne School. Thank you students! And a huge thank you to our sponsors:
Amplus (Satchel and Coreen Kiefer & Mark and Natalie Keilholz)
Christianson Pumpkins (The Christianson Family)
Sun Mountain Lodge (Erich and Betty Guenther)
The Reinland Family
Becky & Patrick Mullin
In Kind Sponsors
Trophy Cupcake & Party
We look forward to an afternoon of fun running and walking on Thursday!
At our Prayer Assembly on Monday we took time to recognize Indigenous Peoples’ Day. Ms. Faltinson read a local native story and ended with a prayer. Native peoples have lived on this land in the northwest for thousands of years and bring rich culture and wisdom to our community.This was an opportunity to recognize and give honor to the contributions of indiginous people to the wellbeing of our world.
Thank you to all for practicing care in your driving habits for drop off and pick up. And thank you for showing respect for our neighbors by not parking in no parking spaces. This contributes to the smooth running of our school.
In Gratitude for:
- SLE Lunch Winners: To support awareness of our Student Learning Expectations (SLEs), each month we have a drawing for students to receive a pizza lunch with the principal and vice principal. Throughout the month teachers submit a student name for a specific SLE when they observe them doing something that exhibits an SLE quality. Then at our Prayer Assembly, we take all those submissions and draw names. This month the winners are:
- An Active Person of Faith: Sophie-Anne Rozmus. “Sophie-Anne is focused and especially kind to her 3rd Grade Buddy.”
- A Life-Long Learner: Joe Fujise. “Happily tries and learns from many different kinds of learning opportunities in art and library as well as in other classes and outside of school.”
- A Globally Aware Person: Nico Hedger Restropo. “Nico excitedly shares facts and connections about the world which makes our discussions very interesting.”
- A Well Balanced Person: Christian Donovan. “Asks for help and is willing to try new strategies.”
- St. Anne Cross Country Team: A huge thank you to Coreen Kiefer, Maggie Fields, Edna Maddalena and Ben Sauvage for coaching the St. Anne School CYO Cross Country Team. What a team effort! The entire team had a great season and last Sunday, our 4th-8th grade runners pulled off the CYO AA 2nd place finish. Coreen and Maggie will be “retiring” from head coaching the team after this year and we are so grateful for their years of running leadership.
Activities at our school:
- Thursday, Moveathon at 1:15pm: Wear comfortable running and walking clothes!
- No School Friday: Staff will be at school for a retreat and learning.
- Wednesday, October 19: Unity Day–Orange is the color of friendship and unity! Wear orange to celebrate unity.
- Thursday, October 20: The Great Shakeout–we will be practicing earthquake drills.
- Friday, October 21: Team Spirit Day–Wear the colors or jersey of your favorite team.
Have a great week everyone.