We had a very successful first week of school! Thank you to our 5th grade class, Mrs. Sauvage and Mr. Haffey for leading our opening school Mass. It was good to gather and celebrate together and ground our year in faith. Throughout the school year we will be gathering for Mass every Friday morning at 8:45am. Parents are welcome to join us. In addition, there will be several class-led Masses. Dates for these can be found in our Dates to Remember calendar.
- Last Friday, the parish community celebrated the funeral Mass of lifelong parishioner Nancy Moriarty. The school community is so grateful for her legacy of service. She was a gracious and welcoming role model to all our students. Over the years she included St. Anne students in sandwich making on Monday mornings with Martha’s Workers and coordinated the distribution to various shelters of cookies brought in by students every month. She had a gift for feeding her community and lived her faith everyday. She will be missed and our prayers are with all her extended family and friends.
- Last Saturday evening, led by Archbishop Etienne, the parish community celebrated the Pastor Installation Mass for Fr. Colin Parrish. It was a beautiful ceremony followed by a wonderful celebration party in Banchero Hall. Congratulations to Fr. Colin!
- At Prayer Assembly this week, we announced the CYO championship teams that were added to the school banners: 2019 Cross Country Team, 2022 7th Grade Boys Volleyball and 2022 Track Team. Congratulations to our teams.
- The Climbing Wall and Turf are in use! Thanks to the Auction Fund-It we have a wonderful new climbing wall with turf that the students love.
- Do not park in No Parking spots around the school–especially at pick-up. This impacts safety and is an inconvenience for our neighbors.
- Thank you to our 6th grade Safety Patrol for keeping us attentive and safe at crosswalks.
- Thursday, September 15, 2022, 6:15pm: Back to School Night. This will be the first time since 2019 that we have our in-person Back to School Night! Plan to come at 6:15 to find out about volunteer opportunities or just to visit! We will begin remarks promptly at 6:30pm. You will hear about our school program, school theme, meet all the staff and be introduced to parent leadership groups. There will be two classroom sessions offered by the classroom teachers at 7:00 and 7:30pm. Specialists will also be available to answer questions about their programs. We look forward to seeing all of you there.
- Friday, September 16, 2022, 5:00pm-7:30pm: Tailgate Party. Thank you to Lori Roozen and team for organizing this wonderful community building event. Please see details in the announcements that follow. Hope to see you there.
Have a great week!