“God has made all things beautiful in its time.” Ecclesiastes 3:11
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year. As is our tradition, we began our week in prayer and reflection at our all school Prayer Assembly. Our school theme this year is taken from Ecclesiastes: “God has made all things beautiful in its time”. This will be a touchstone for us to know God’s grace. We will use this passage throughout the year for reflection to guide and strengthen the work we do as a learning community.
We begin our week in gratitude for all our community.
- For our parent community and their generosity in transforming our staff room into such a restorative place. (A special thanks to Ashley Rossman and her parent team for a summertime of hard work and generous donations.) In addition we look forward to welcoming parent volunteers into our school building this year. Please look out for announcements about parent volunteer opportunities and requirements as the year unfolds.
- For all our church community who support our work through ongoing prayer and service.
- For all our staff who have been in the building getting spaces and materials ready for the students’ return.The staff started last week by gathering for Mass and retreat in the church. This was followed by planning for the year as a whole staff, working in level groups and meeting in a variety of support teams to plan and coordinate our work in support of students. And there was so much classroom and bulletin board set up!
- For all our students! We are so glad to be working and learning together this year.
- We will notify the community of any updates on our Covid policy if community transmission rates change or if we experience Covid in our school community.
- Do not come to school sick.
- Practice caution in your driving habits at pickup and drop off.
- Sunday Announcements from the office contain important information about scheduled school activities. This is sent out every Sunday.
- Saturday, September 10, 2022, 5pm: Fr. Colin’s Pastor Installation Mass with Archbishop Etienne. All are welcome!
- Thursday, September 15, 2022, 6:30: Back to School Night. Plan to come at 6:15 to find out about volunteer opportunities or just to visit!
Looking forward to a year of learning with all of you!