Wow! Cross Country Families and Runners – thank you so much for making Sunday’s preliminary meet a success!!! We are beaming with pride at the grit, tenacity and sportsmanship we witnessed today! The examples are endless!
Parents – It takes many hands to herd our eager runners through the queue and onto to the line, to help warm them up, to feed them, gather them, encourage them…… We appreciate you!
Runners – It takes dedication, will, and strength to practice week after week, to get up on that line and push yourself past your comfort zone. Your strong finishes were awesome! We saw you digging deep and setting a high first bar!
Special shout out to our Kindergarten Runners! How adorable was that!! I saw smiles as they climbed up that last hill!!! Wow!
I have to share that after the meet, my family and I went out to eat. We were all still in our uniforms. I was stopped by a table that had both Fatima and ASB parents at it. They said they were blown away with the presence of our Top 10 finishes and asked “what is your secret”;-)..I felt pretty proud of you guys. Thanks for being our secret.
So proud of all of our runners! This is a great starting benchmark.
Check out our Finishers in 4th through 8th grade!!! We swept the top 10 in many divisions!
- 4th Boys- Joe Mayer 2nd, Alexander Gulmann 5th out of 51 Runners
- 4th Girls- Mae Overbey 1st, Campbell Downer 2nd, Stella Roeser 3rd, Helen Hilton 6th, Marguerite Bindel 9th out of 48 runners
- 5th Grade Boys – Declan Weber 3rd out of 57 Runners
- 5th Grade Girls – Tegan Rain-1st out of 60 Runners
- 6th Grade Boys – Henri Downer 2nd, Hugues Bindel-4th, Jadon Archer-6th out of 37 runners
- 6th Grade Girls – Amanda Graff-3rd, Hattie Leonard-4th, Siena Kiefer-6th, Natalia Peng-9th
- 7th Grade Girls – Ava Berard-10th
- 8th Grade Boys – Tyler Graff-1st, Ian Holloway-7th, JT Rican-9th
- 3rd Grade boys – Kellen Matt-1st, Zach Davis-2nd, Camden Kiefer-3rd, Abe Christianson – 5th
Author: Coreen Kiefer