St Anne School Commission shall exercise general policy-making recommendations over the parish school, within the policies of the Archbishop and the Archdiocesan Board of Education, and subject to approval of the Principal and Pastor.
Specific responsibilities of the School Commission shall include:
- Stating the philosophy of the school.
- Recommending goals and priorities for each year and for future development of the school.
- Recommending policy for the school.
- Monitoring the school budget, tuition and salary schedules.
- Making recommendations regarding the school facility.
- Evaluating the educational goals and policies of the school.
School Commissioners can also be a great resource to school families and parishioners with questions about school policies and procedures. School Commissioners are selected through the annual St. Anne Parish Discernment Process and serve 3 year terms.
The School Commission meets monthly from September to June. Meetings are generally held the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 in the school Science Lab.
2016-17 meetings are scheduled for: Sept 8, Oct 19, Nov 16, Jan 18, Feb 15, Mar 15,
Apr 12, May 17
Parents, parishioners and visitors are welcome to attend. If you would like to speak or get on the agenda please contact the Principal and the School Commission chair.
Members of the 2016/2017 St. Anne School Commission:
Sasha Muir, chair
Anders Brown, vice chair
- Last week our educational specialist, Hanna Bogen Novak, ran two age-specific workshops for parents. Feedback from parents in the room, and those watching on Facebook Live, was that the tools and strategies presented were going to be extremely helpful. “This was really helpful! Thank you for streaming this for those of us who couldn’t attend! I’m ...Read more
- Our second annual State of the School Meeting will be a chance to hear about the accomplishments and opportunities for St Anne School. We will also discuss our 5 Year Strategic Plan status, review the school budget, and hand out re-enrollment packets for the 2018/19 school year.Read more
- You most likely know that Hanna Bogen, co-author of the “Brain Talk” curriculum, came to talk to parents on Thursday. You’ve probably also heard that it was fascinating and extremely helpful. What you may not know is that Hanna has been hired by St Anne to work with ALL staff about this important subject and to ...Read more