The following are the guidelines that we are currently using as we begin this school year:
- All employees, students, staff and volunteers are required to wear masks at all times in the building, except when eating. Gaiters are acceptable as long as they have at least two layers of cloth.
- Desks will be spaced at a 3-foot distance and teachers will try to keep a 6-foot distance from students whenever possible.
- Students will sanitize their hands at the beginning of the school day and before snack, lunch or anytime they are eating.
- All students will wear masks at recess whether they are vaccinated or not. The CDC allows for removal of masks if a 6-foot distance can be maintained during an activity. This is extremely difficult for students while playing and impossible to monitor. For the safety of all, we are requiring all students to wear masks when outside. Mrs. Scheller can make an exception during PE class if students are outside and can maintain a 6-foot distance.
- Students in grade K-6th will be required to wear a school provided three-layer mask during Music if the class will be singing.
- Students will be encouraged to distance in the bathrooms and limit numbers. A 3-foot distance must be maintained between students while in the bathroom.
- Desks will be washed down once a day with soap and water.
- Students will be encouraged to maintain a 6-foot distance when moving throughout the building.
- Students must maintain a 6-foot distance whenever they eat. Lunch tables will have markings where a student can sit to remain distanced. Snacks will be taken outside (weather permitting) if a 6-foot distance is not available in the classroom. If eaten inside, students will move to areas where a 6-foot distance can be maintained.
- If a student or staff member has a positive case of Covid, we will follow all King County Dept. of Health procedures. This will involve contact tracing (exposure for over 15 minutes at a distance closer than 6-feet) and possible quarantine for unvaccinated students.
- Please keep your child home if they are unvaccinated and have been exposed to a person with Covid. They will be required to remain home and take a Covid test no earlier than Day 5 following exposure. A negative result enables a student’s return on Day 7.
As with all of you, we want to be done with Covid as soon as we can. These are a general overview of the current guidelines. We will continue to monitor and update as we gain more information from the CDC and Dept. of Health.
Last updated 10/12/21