March 7, 2023
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME this upcoming weekend! Don’t forget to reset your clocks.
At our Mass last Friday, Fr. Colin had us end with reading the Prayer of the Archangel Michael. St. Michael is considered a champion of justice, a healer of the sick and the guardian of the Church. I had taken this picture of the Archangel Michael during the winter break and have shared it with you above.
At our Prayer Assembly on Monday we heard from our Spirit Committee about the success with the Valentine Candy Grams. The team/school raised $428 for Noel House. Noel House provides safe and comfortable housing for a diverse community of homeless women. In addition to that, Lent continues to provide our students, through their CRS Rice Bowls, with an opportunity to grow in their almsgiving. Prayer, fasting and almsgiving are our three-pronged focus during Lent.
This Friday when the students have the day off, the teachers will be meeting at school to work on aligning our religion curriculum to the standards and learning about the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools (NSBECS). The NSBECS will provide the framework for our accreditation self-study next year.
NO FREE DRESS tomorrow, Wednesday, March 8–AUCTION STUDENT PHOTOS
- Thank you to Scott Pitts and Damien Hession for photos and managing students.
- Photos take place during the morning.
- Students should be in uniform.
- A huge thank you to Kris Lund and Minou Reisinger and their team of volunteers who helped make the Father Daughter Dance on Sunday a huge success! It was a wonderful community building event.
Important and Fun Events on the Calendar this month:
- JUNGLE BOOK: Lower School Drama Performance!, Thursday, March 16, 2:15pm and 7pm. All are welcome!
- Mother Son Putt Putt: Sunday, March 19, 2-5pm
- Irish Dancers!, Friday, March 17, 8:30-9:00am, Banchero Hall
- STEAM Night, 6:30-7:30pm, Thursday, March 23, 2023: Do not miss this fun, learning event planned for all ages. ALL SCHOOL!
- Grandparents/Grandfriends Day: Friday, March 24, 2023, Mass at 10:30am, lunch to follow (sack lunches brought by families).
- K-5th Grade BROADWAY REVIEW: Friday, March 24, 2:15pm, in Banchero Hall
Free Dress Days Coming Up:
- March 17: Green and White Day
- March 23: PJ Day
- March 31: All School Free Dress