Thanks-a-Latte from all of us to all of our school parents and families!
Thank you to all for attending the beautiful 10:00am Mass on Sunday! Fr. Daniel helped us launch Catholic Schools Week with an inspiring homily about the Beatitudes. The powerful Gospel reading from Matthew provides us with this wisdom:
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven for in the same way, they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Our Open House was well attended and the Middle School Ambassadors led dozens of families on tours. Thank you to all the parents who volunteered in classrooms and served to welcome our guests and visitors. And thank you to the Coffee and Donuts team who accommodated the huge crowd!
During this week we show intentional gratitude to all those who support and sustain our mission “to provide a quality Catholic education that promotes educational excellence, fosters the living of Gospel values, builds Christian community and inspires compassionate service”.
- Monday, Parent Appreciation! Thank you to all parents for creating community building events throughout the year, organizing extracurricular programs and helping with our classroom curricular activities and needs.
- Tuesday, Community Appreciation! The PreK and 5th graders visited Queen Anne businesses and delivered thank you posters that our students designed and colored. We appreciate their support.
- Wednesday, Parish Appreciation! The staff will take over cards and treats to the parish staff in appreciation for helping us be a faith filled community.
- Thursday, Student Appreciation! The kids are the best!!! All their teachers and the staff are grateful for them being such an awesome group of learners. We will celebrate them with FREE DRESS and a treat. We will reschedule the 8th Grade vs. Faculty Volleyball game sometime in March.
- Friday, Grandparents/Grandfriends Day! We are disappointed to have to reschedule this special day due to the Covid outbreak. So we will keep a prayer in our hearts for all of them until we can reschedule our Mass and Lunch with them (look for it rescheduled sometime in March).
Covid Outbreak Update:
- We have had a covid outbreak with a total of 11 cases reported in the last 24 hours.
- I have reported the outbreak to the King County Health Department.
- We have implemented the recommended protocol to mitigate the spread of the virus which includes requiring all of our 5th-8th grade students to wear masks while at school. This protocol will be in place at least through the end of the week.
- Please note that I respond to each family who reports a positive test for their student individually and provide them with the protocol that can be found on our website here.
- I will keep the community informed about further cases.
- Grandparents/Grandfriends Day Mass and Lunch CANCELED.
State of the School!
- All families should have some member of their parent team attend this event.
- At this event I will present an update on the financial and curricular health of the school. I will discuss the school Five Year Plan, the upcoming 100th Anniversary celebration plans and the upcoming School Accreditation process.
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 6:30 in Banchero Hall.
Dates for your Calendar this month!
- State of the School: Tuesday, February 7 6:30-8:00pm
- PreK & Kindergarten Applications due: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- NO SCHOOL: Friday, February 10, 2023 (Regional Curriculum Day for Teachers)
- FREE DRESS: Tuesday, February 14, 2023–Red, White and Pink Day
- NO SCHOOL: February 20-24–Winter Break