January 17, 2023
Yesterday our country celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. This federal holiday is designated as a national day of service. It is a day in which we are encouraged to do service to improve our communities.
During our Prayer Assembly, we set our intention for the week to act in ways that make our community more just and fair. We remembered the line from Sunday’s first reading from Isaiah: “I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.” God calls each of us to make our community better through our actions. And we took time in the Prayer Assembly to consider what each of us will do this week to make the world more just and fair.
- A gentle reminder that you need to make sure your Stewardship giving pledge has been made to the parish if you are receiving In-parish tuition (note that some families have it roll over year to year). Do not hesitate to reach out to the parish if you are uncertain about the status of your pledge.
- Ensure that you are up-to-date on your pledge payments and if you have to make a modification to your pledge, you need to reach out to the parish and let them know. It is critical for budgeting purposes.
- We are so grateful for all you do to make this a vibrant parish community. As we receive inspiration from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. this week, we are reminded that the parish gives us many opportunities to work to improve our community.
New Face in the Building!
- We have hired Henry Hazzard as a temporary custodian to address some of our maintenance and building needs. He will be with us for the next couple of months setting up and breaking down for lunch every day among other things. Henry is an alumni and we are excited to have him on board.
- School Boilers! We have been having to do daily restarts of our boilers during the last couple of weeks to keep the boilers running. On Friday, Carlson Mechanical was out working on them and they finished up their work yesterday. We have to coordinate a little more work with Puget Sound Energy and then they should be good.
- Upgrading Lights to LEDs: Seattle City Light will be replacing all of our lights in the school to LEDs as part of a special program. This should be a positive change. Workers will be making these changes Tuesday through Thursday this week.
- Fire Safety Updates: And we will be having AAA Fire Protection at the school on Wednesday afternoon to update our sprinkler heads.
100th Year School Anniversary!
- Next year is the school’s 100th year anniversary.
- Mary Sherman has agreed to be the Steering Committee Chair and we are beginning the work to make plans for many fun celebratory events.
- Stay tuned for information and opportunities to volunteer.
Dates for your Calendar this month!
- PreK & Kindergarten Information Night: Thursday, January 26, 6:30pm, Banchero Hall
- St. Anne School Open House: Sunday, Jan. 29 11:30am-1:00pm
- Catholic Schools Week: January 29-February 3
- Grandparents/Grandfriends Day Mass: Friday, February 3, 10:30am
- Father/Daughter Dance: Sunday, February 5 6:00-8:00pm
- State of the School: Tuesday, February 7 6:30-8:00pm