November 29, 2022
The Advent Season has arrived! Advent marks the beginning of our liturgical year and is a time of preparation and waiting. It is the season of hope, peace, love and joy! A group of our fourth graders led our Monday Morning Prayer Assembly and taught us about the season of Advent. They shared their class poem written about Advent. The first two lines were:
Advent is joy yet to come.
We come to celebrate Jesus’ birth.
Mr. Haffey sent out an email with details about our daily Advent celebration in the gym. All are welcome to join us. Each day a class adds a new symbol/guest to our manger scene in the front hall, seventh graders share a reflection on their experience with waiting for something important, we light the Advent candle and we sing the Advent song together.
- Mr. and Mrs. Meneses are happy to announce the birth of: Isaiah Steven Meneses! Born on Friday afternoon at 4:02pm! 6.2lbs and 18in long. A heartfelt congratulations!
Snow is in the air!
- If there is a change in the school schedule due to snow/ice, we will make a decision by 6am and notify the community.
- If a snow day is necessary we will notify our community of the details through our PowerSchool Swift K12 alert system.
- Families will receive a notification on their phone, will receive a text message and receive an email.
- We will post an alert about snow closures or delays on the website.
- If there is a delayed start, school will begin at 10am and PreK will be canceled.
Activities at our school:
- Dec. 2, 7-9:30pm: Middle School Dance
- Dec. 6: Report Cards sent home
- Dec. 8, 8:45am: Feast of the Immaculate Conception (led by the Fourth Grade Class)–All are welcome!
Have a great week everyone.