November 8, 2022
The beauty of the season surrounds us! It is a fun time to be in the school building learning every day!
Thank you to Ms. Raney for leading our Prayer Assembly this week. We were reminded that each of us is beloved by God and we are wonderfully made. We had the opportunity to hear the “Our Father” in one of the ancestral languages, Lutshootseed, of the First Nations People (Duwamish, Tulalip) who lived and still live here. We are thankful for the opportunity to find connection and feel gratitude for this community.
We are definitely in the cold and flu season! Thank you for keeping your kids home and stopping the spread of infection when they are sick. Here are some key things to remember:
- Don’t forget to test your child for Covid-19 (an antigen test) if they have any Covid symptoms–it may be hard to distinguish between the symptoms of Covid, flu, the common cold or RSV.
- Remember that mask wearing limits the spread of respiratory diseases.
In Gratitude for:
- SLE Lunch Winners: We had our SLE drawing at Prayer Assembly this week. I am happy to report that there were many slips of papers in the jars recognizing wonderful student leadership with our SLEs! Our winners this month are:
- An Active Person of Faith: Camilleava Alnas for “Packing up a friend who was out of the classroom.”
- A Life-Long Learner: Gabe Negron who “Puts in the extra time to get his work done.”
- A Globally Aware Person: Isabelle Russo who “Cleaned up after her classmate in the 8th grade room after 6th grade math.”
- A Well Balanced Person: Luc Connors who “Helped 2nd grade carry lunches up the stairs”
- Thank you for your ongoing prayers for Mr. Alan Rosado. He wants me to let you know how appreciative he is of your prayers. Thank you to all for your offers of help and support. We will let you know as his needs clarify and we can find a way as a community to offer further support.
- Covid 19 updates: There are a few modifications to the WA State Department of Health Covid-19 policy that came out at the end of October. The key changes are the following:
- An outbreak is considered 5 cases of Covid-19 within a core group.
- All employees, volunteers and indoor contractors in educational settings are no longer required to be fully vaccinated.
- Positive Case Protocol remains the same.
- Volunteering & Safe Environment Training:
- We are excited to see so many volunteers in the school!
- No longer required: School Volunteer Agreement Form
- Still Required:
- Background checks and Safe Environment Training for volunteers with any contact with minors.
- There is a 30 day grace period for getting the training.
- Background checks are needed prior to any volunteering–this applies to any classroom time including reading with students and parties.
Activities at our school:
- Debate Club on Tuesdays, 3:15-4:15pm
- Chess Club on Wednesdays, 5-5:45 & 5:45-6:45pm
- MS Speech Team on Thursdays, 3:30-5:00pm
- Nov. 10: Favorite Color Day
- Nov. 11: Veterans Day–No School
Have a great week everyone.