October 18, 2022
Thank you to all our students for the highly successful MoveAthon last Thursday! It was a beautiful day, with beautiful walkers, beautiful runners and a host of beautiful volunteers. We couldn’t do it without everyone’s support and with the leadership of Monica Flora and Ester Burkhart. We look forward to hearing the results of our fundraising efforts in the next week or so. Thank you to the community of generous supporters and donors.
The staff gathered for a Christ in the Classroom retreat on Friday. The focus was on vocations, discernment and prayer. It was an opportunity to strengthen our spiritual well-being so we could better support our students’ spiritual well-being.
At our Prayer Assembly on Monday the students from the middle school Spirit Elective Class talked to the whole school about the purpose behind Unity Day and its importance. Students will come to school on Wednesday this week wearing some orange to show solidarity for acting with kindness and being inclusive.
Midterms went home today for 4th-8th grade students. This is a great opportunity to check in with your student on their learning and growth so far this year.
- Students should NOT be on the playground before 8:10am. There is no supervision on the playground then.
- Cars should not drop off students before 8:10am. Thank you for waiting until a staff member is on the playground.
In Gratitude for:
- Teachers and Staff
Activities at our school:
- Wednesday, October 19: Unity Day–Orange is the color of friendship and unity! Wear orange to celebrate unity.
- Thursday, October 20: The Great Shakeout–we will be practicing earthquake drills.
- Friday, October 21: Team Spirit Day–Wear the colors or jersey of your favorite team.
- Friday, October 21: Picture Make-up Day
- Tuesday-Thursday, October 25-27: Book Fair in Art Room
- Wed.-Friday, October 26-28: Noon Dismissal
- Wed. & Thursday, October 26 & 27: Conferences
Have a great week everyone.