Nature and Function
The Commission shall exercise general policy-making recommendations over the parish school, within the policies of the Archbishop and the Archdiocesan Board of Education, and subject to approval of the Principal and Pastor.
Specific responsibilities of the School Commission shall include:
- Stating the philosophy of the school.
- Recommending goals and priorities for each year and for future development of the school.
- Recommending policy for the school.
- Monitoring the school budget, tuition and salary schedules.
- Making recommendations regarding the school facility.
- Evaluating the educational goals and policies of the school.
School Commissioners can also be a great resource to school families and parishioners with questions about school policies and procedures. School Commissioners are selected through the annual St. Anne Parish Discernment Process and serve 3 year terms.
The School Commission meets monthly from September to June. Meetings are generally held the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30 in the school Science Lab.
2016-17 meetings are scheduled for: Sept 8, Oct 19, Nov 16, Jan 18, Feb 15, Mar 15,
Apr 12, May 17
Parents, parishioners and visitors are welcome to attend. If you would like to speak or get on the agenda please contact the Principal and the School Commission chair.
Members of the 2016/2017 St. Anne School Commission:
Sasha Muir, chair
Anders Brown, vice chair